TempleSwipe Thermometer (BST200)
Question: How do I change the temperature scale from Celsius to Fahrenheit (or vice versa) on my thermometer?
1. While the thermometer is off, press and hold the Measurement button for 6 seconds. The LCD screen will display the word “SET”.
2. Release the Measurement button when the desired temperature scale is shown.
3. Then selected temperature icon will flash on the screen to confirm the new setting. The thermometer will automatically shut off.
Question: What is the best way to achieve an accurate reading from my thermometer?
Before having temperature measured, individuals should be indoors for at least 30 minutes.
1. Hold the thermometer flush against the forehead and swipe slowly from above the eyebrow down to the temple, and back again. Swiping too slow or too fast may impact your reading. DO NOT remove the thermometer from the forehead before hearing the final beep.
2. Be sure to wipe away any sweat with a dry cloth. Sweat can cool skin resulting in a false reading. Ensure that the forehead is clean and free from any hair. If you clean the forehead or move hair away from the forehead, wait 15 minutes before taking a measurement.
3. Make sure the individual you are measuring keeps their head still.
4. ALWAYS take the temperature in the same location, since the temperature readings may vary from different locations on the forehead.
Question: How do I change the battery on my thermometer?
When 20% of battery life is left, the display flashes the low battery warning symbol, however, the device can still work until the battery life has 0% left. To change the batteries, please follow the below steps:
1. Slide open the battery door. Insert 2 AAA batteries, correctly positioning with positive “+” and negative “-” as shown. Replace the battery door and close securely.
2. Replace the batteries when the flashing battery symbol appears on the LCD screen. Dispose of batteries according to local waste management directions.
Question: How do I clean my thermometer?
Please follow the instructions below on how to properly clean your thermometer:
- NEVER immerse the TempleSwipe™ Thermometer into water or other liquids (not waterproof).
- Use an alcohol swab or cotton swab moistened with alcohol (70% Isopropyl) to clean the thermometer casing and the measuring probe. Ensure that no liquid enters the interior of the thermometer.
- NEVER use abrasive cleaning agents, thinners or benzene for cleaning and NEVER immerse the instrument in water or other cleaning liquids.
- Take care not to scratch the surface of the lens by replacing the protective cap after use. After cleaning, we recommend waiting 5 minutes before taking a new temperature.
Question: How do I mute the sounds on my thermometer?
When the device is in mute mode, all audible sounds will be disabled. The mute icon will be displayed on the LCD at all times when the device is in mute mode.
1. While the thermometer is off, press and hold the Measurement button for 6 seconds. The LCD screen will display the word "SET".
2. Release the Measurement button when the desired mute option is shown.
3. The selected mute icon will flash on the screen to confirm the new setting. The thermometer will automatically shut off.
No Touch Thermometers